Mar 18, 2010

Life balance - live your values

I saw a PRBreakfast Club blog on one of my favorite topics – the misnamed work/life balance. I prefer to say life balance, because work is a part of my life.

The author points out there are “so many damn” blogs, articles and books devoted to the topic. Some tackle the age-old question of trying to separate your personal life/time from your professional life/time, or if you should choose the time-management theory of blending your job and your personal life.

He then drops an expletive, suggesting the only way for each of us is trial-and-error and introspection.

I think he’s right. I’d put it this way – you need to live your values. We are doomed to be frustrated and unhappy if we don’t. We may pick up a helpful tip in reading the volume of published material, but no one can teach us our values.

No comments:

Post a Comment