I learned to read in my local newspaper, the LA Times, and I was a reporter and editor for 14 years, so you understand my affinity for newspapers -- especially print. One of life's little pleasures is to get comfortable with various sections of the paper at hand to scan.
Fifty percent of 2,259 adults surveyed for the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project and the Project for Excellence in Journalism said that on a typical day they read news in a local newspaper; 17 percent said they read news in a national newspaper such as The New York Times or USA Today.
I don't know what that number was 10 years ago, but I'm encouraged that number isn't smaller. Far too many people, especially people under 30, think they're informed by blogs and talk shows.
Here's the rest of the report.
Mar 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment